Subject: Re: Bump array...
From: RICK CATIZONE <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 14:52:58 -0500

On Sat, 23 Dec 1995, Simon Champion wrote:

> Hello again
> 
> I would like to have an object being "eaten" using an animated =
> transparency map, from opaque to completely invisible, but not as a =
> fade, if you see what I mean.
> 
> The transparency map I would like to use is "bump array", but I can't =
> see a way to get the holes to "grow" with time.
> 
  > I would like to avoid having to build an animated texture in a paint =
> package.
> 
     RC: Actually building it in a program such as DPaint is so easy, I 
would think it prefereable to using a procedural. You would also have the 
advantage  of being able to play it instantly to add or change it without 
having to refigure parameters and guess-rendering a few more times.

     Load it as a sequence in clip map if you want to ake sure you really 
cutr everything away. Be sure to set palette to 2 color...ZERO BLACK, AND 
255 WHITE.

You could make a couple of "bumps" shaped as you wish, then pick them up 
as a brush and use airbrush or multiple tool to add groups faster.

RICK CATIZONE/ANIVISION 

> 
>